Ever heard of a club that’s just for service?
Southern Utah University’s (SUU) aptly named Service Club is just that.
Members of the Service Club have opportunities to serve on and off campus. Addie Call, Service Leader over the program, says, “We want to provide opportunity for students to offer one or two hours of meaningful service between their busy schedule to boost their day.”
Whether members are looking to complete service hours for a class or just looking to connect with the community.
The Service Club members complete quick projects that make a big impact.
Want to start your own service club on campus? Here are some volunteer project ideas to get started:
- Highway clean up
- Tying fleece blankets for low-income families
- Moving and organizing storage for local school
- Sewing activity packets for children
- Making hygiene packages for women in Africa
- Writing notes to senior citizens
- Leaf raking
- Serving at homeless shelter
*Keep in mind that all projects should be done with a specific community need in mind. Ask before you serve!
Visit the Community Engagement Center for more information about Service Club and service project ideas.